The Adventures of Menace and Cheddar Bob started with the decision to leave the safety of the bubble at home and travel across the world. We left the comforts of the familiar behind to take on the challenge of teaching english overseas. This is our story....

Friday, November 13, 2009

Are you Superstitious?


Yesterday was Friday the 13th. Most people seem to think this day is unlucky. I think it's just an easy way to blame anything bad happening on this day, to bad luck.

For example:

At lunch I was getting settled and ready to eat some delicious "water soup", moved my bowl and spilled most of the soup on myself. Good thing I was wearing black. And it's a good thing I decided to wear Denise's dress that day! :) Normally I would just call myself and klutz and leave it at that. But, on Friday the 13th, I could blame it on something else!

Example #2:

Denise has a couple 'firsts' yesterday. She drove a scooter for the first time and she dumped a scooter for the first time. Normally we would blame Denise for being a bad driver, but on Friday the 13th, we could blame the day.

So we learned a couple things. Friday the 13th gets a bad wrap and I will be the driver.


No comments:

Post a Comment