The Adventures of Menace and Cheddar Bob started with the decision to leave the safety of the bubble at home and travel across the world. We left the comforts of the familiar behind to take on the challenge of teaching english overseas. This is our story....

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Head Over Heels

In my grade 2 phonics class, we learned about the aw and au sound. I introduced different words, told them meanings, drew on the board or acted them out to help them understand.

Straw, claw, saucer, pause, yawn....somersault.
"Teacher, what is that?" I finally got to put my years of elementary school gymnastics to good use. Luckily we have a padded area in our classroom which made the landing slightly smoother. I forgot how far away the ground is. Even if you're 5'3.

Ah, the things teachers do for kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment